Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Paper Topiary Part 1

This is a project that has been in process since May. Hopefully it will be finished soon and I can post the end product!

Here are the steps to making a fabulous decoration for your office or studio.

Step 1: Gather all the materials you need:

A foam ball around 4-6 inches depending on how large you want it and a foam base that will fit into your vase (they have squares, cones, cylinders, choose what works best for you, pearled straight pins (I like a variety of colors) paper circles cut in sizes from 1.5 inches up to 4 inches (I cut mine on the cricut but you could do it by hand if you have a LOT of patience) and a hot glue gun.

Step 2: Cut all the circles in spirals, I just free hand this if they have a little wave it just adds the flower's petals.


Step 3: Working from the outside in role the spiraled paper into a bud and secure it with hot glue, use the very inside of the circle to serve as the bottom of the bud. Then press a pin through the middle (careful not to poke yourself). Do this about a hundred times or so. I started pinning mine into the circle right away, if I did it over again I would wait until I had almost as many flowers as I needed to make it easier to fill in.


Stay tuned for the next steps and finished project!

0 comments: